Tuesday, May 4, 2010

feedback please!

So say, hypothetically, what would be the best route for a very much lowered car to travel from San Jose, Ca to Kansas City Mo in June? I figure Matej would at least want to meet up, perhaps even join us to Chicago so i made Kansas City our first stop. Scenic routes are awesome, as are Asian friendly areas (I lived in Montana for a bit and everybody looked at me weird haha). Also, i realize that i am going out on a limb here but would anybody be down to let two dudes crash on their couch on any of these routes?

Main points:

I don't want to drive through a flat, straight boring desert for 3 days.

I would like to see what kind of beauty America has to offer the road trip-per.

I would not like to go off roading as my car has less than an inch of clearance.

I would like to see some cool larger cities as well.

Nightlife and such are not a factor because getting to Kansas City as quickly as possible is the main point here, while passing through cool areas.

The 3 main routes seen to be Via I-80, I-70, and I-40. they are all within 10 miles of each other as far as distance is concerned.

I-70 seems pretty appealing, going through colorado which i hear is beautiful.
Photobucket

I-80 seems equally appealing, going through reno and salt lake city, but missing out on colorado entirely.
Photobucket

I-40 appears the least appealing, everything just looks boring - but i have no idea what im talking about so perhaps somebody can let me know that i am wrong.
Photobucket

please give me your insight on what would be the best idea and why.

19 comments:

henry! said...

dude we have to see the grand canyon, seriously

Anonymous said...

lowered car and roadtrip half way across america, i'm scared for you guys =\

Oscar said...

Wish I could roadtrip it to KC, see you guys in Chicago. :(

Boogie9IGN said...

I'd say the second route cause you'd get to drive through Reno and as little of Utah as possible. That state is way too boring and, unfortunately, so are most of the other states. Good luck with the Chicago potholes though :|

akirony said...

the first one looks the fastest but you can take the 2nd rte. back to visit reno and the salt flats. itd be nice to get a pict there and hell to clean it to

Unknown said...

first one looks the best. the last one would be boring scenic wise

chad said...

Don't go through Wyoming. That route is long straight and boring...with nothing to see. I'd go through Colorado...probably your best bet. Though Kansas is flat and boring...but not as flat and boring as Wyoming...

1st route all the way.

Matej said...

So excited plans are in the making.
If you go through Colorado, you can drive on Trail Ridge Road, the highest road in America, which was pretty neat as I remember it.
Although to be honest, I have never ventured past Colorado by automobile, so I am not sure what perils await there.
And Kansas is terribly boring.

henry! said...

Yeah, I think we're pretty serious about this. We even bought a domain name for the road trip blog, SUP.

2GRX7 said...

LOL, may sound weird but have you considered taking the 80 then switching to the 70 in salt lake? You'll end up going past Miller Motorsports Park & the Great Salt Lake. You wouldn't have to miss out on Colorado either.I took I40 in from the east coast.Fastest/smoothest roads (N.M.) but kinda boring. I'd rather look at the mountains of Utah/Colorado. It's a little longer but totally worth it!

2GRX7 said...

Oh, and way more stuff for the blog!

s0apgun said...

so awesome

come hang out with me before you get enter chicago!

Trevor said...

if you take the second routs, i am pretty sure you will pass through yellow stone. I did that drive before, and Utah is hella boring with nothing at all, but after that it is cool. but then again, the first route seems cool too.

Dalton Bedore said...

got to vegas, then head to grand canyon. New mexico and texas suck sceniry-wise, so head back to colorado and after that you're on your own I never drivin over that way :p

Sean said...

I would take I-70 if I were you.

Sean said...

oh, and if you will be staying the night in KC, you could crash at my house.

Vintage Skylines said...

yuta!!!

Take the second route on 80. That’s almost the exact route I took when I drove out to Wisconsin a few months back. When I went to go pickup my s600. Utah and Wyoming are really cool states. Honestly I was a bit paranoid about ppl not being too friendly. But surprisingly ppl were nice.

The hwys on 80 were cool & Id say lowered car friendly.

OkieRA29 said...

Stay out of Wyoming, very flat, very boring. I-40 ain't bad till you get to Texas. Well... Arizona is pretty flat and ugly, but the desert mesas near the border make it pretty cool. If you go I-40, stay with it till Oklahoma and then go I-35 north to Kansas. It is better scenery-wise. The panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma are very flat and very boring. I have driven I-40 out to Cali and take it occasionally out to Vegas. Not a bad drive really. If anything, I would take Colorado, the rockies are incredible. Kansas is gonna be flat no matter which way you attack it

Zach said...

Dude come through Colorado! Chill in Denver or come north a few 60 miles and chill with us in Greeley for the night.